Seafood Expo North America Panel
Changing Menus: Chefs and Suppliers Broadening Our Palates
March 11, 2018
Chefs Collaborative is proud to have presented a panel on using lesser-known species at the Seafood Expo North America!
There are amazing & delicious lesser-known species available to us now that are a more sustainable choice than the species on most menus. Chefs, in partnership with suppliers/distributors, can truly drive industry change by introducing diners to these species. By changing menus, we can increase demand for and consumption of seafood (notably American seafood) while supporting healthy fisheries at the same time.
This panel featured:
- Evan Mallett (Chef/Owner Black Trumpet Bistro and Ondine Oyster + Wine Bar, Chefs Collaborative Board Member)
- Derek Wagner (Chef/Owner nicks on broadway, Chefs Collaborative Board Member)
- Jared Auerbach (CEO Red’s Best)
- Jeremy Sewall (Chef/Co-Owner Island Creek Oyster Bar, Row 34, Les Sablons and Collaborating Chef of Eastern Standard)
- Justin Boevers (Director of Operations FishChoice, Chefs Collaborative Board Member)