The drought in California continues to make headlines. Much of the coverage and response, however, has been focused on home and urban water conservation. What about our food supply? How will the drought affect food professionals across the country, and our larger agricultural system?
FEATURING: Chef Nathan Lyon (Culinary Host, Author, Chef), Sarah Forman (Culinary Manager),Chuck Abbott (Food and Environment Reporting Network), Eliza Roberts (Water Program, Ceres), Jeff Oberman (United Fresh Produce Association), and Barry Bedwell (California Fresh Fruit Association).
LISTEN TO THE CALL:
- The situation.
- Water scarcity 101
- Latest news from California
- How does the drought affect food and agriculture?
- The chef point of view: discussion with chefs Nathan Lyon and Sarah Forman
- How does the drought affect companies?
- Economic questions
- The role of the chef and food professional in combating drought
Thank You May Chef Power Hour Sponsors