Local Leader Bio
Steven Satterfield (Chef/Owner, Miller Union)
Local Group: Atlanta, GA
James Beard award-winning chef Steven Satterfield is the executive chef and co-owner of Miller Union, a celebrated, seasonally-driven restaurant located in Atlanta’s Westside neighborhood. Since opening in 2009, the restaurant has received various honors on many national lists including Eater, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Esquire and James Beard Foundation. In 2015, Satterfield released his first cookbook, Root to Leaf, to broad critical acclaim.
Satterfield remains deeply committed to Atlanta’s progressive culinary community and holds leadership positions with Chef’s Collaborative and Slow Food Atlanta. He is also a proud and active member of the Southern Foodways Alliance and Georgia Organics. Satterfield’s dedication to seasonal cooking and his unwavering support for local farmers is the driving philosophy behind his restaurant and everything he does. In 2017, Satterfield won the James Beard Foundation’s “Best Chef: Southeast” award and Miller Union was recognized as one of the country’s best restaurants by Eater National.
Past Atlanta, GA Events
- Pop Off! (Atlanta GA, August 2018)
- Atlanta Local Group Mixer (GA, July 2018)
- Waxman & Friends (Atlanta, March 2018)
- Atlanta Local Group Mixer + WASTED! The Story of Food Waste Screening (Atlanta, November 2017)
- 8th Annual Chefs Collaborative Summit (Atlanta, September 2017)
- Supper at the Farm (Atlanta, April 2017)